Time management of Council Meetings

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

Time management of Council Meetings

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council:

I’m looking forward to our first meeting on January 26. I’ve been looking at and thinking of different ways we might add to our meetings’ efficiency and productivity.

My hope is that proper time management will help. To that end, my plan is to always start the meetings on time at 10:00 AM. My goal will to be on the dais by 9:50. If there is something unexpected that will prevent a timely start, I will make every effort to inform Mayor Pro Tem Ellis so that she can start the meeting on time.

I’m asking that we move the presentation of proclamations so that the presentations begin at 9:00 AM and end no later than 9:50. That’s a good, positive way to start the day and, by doing so, we can better manage the meeting time with less interruption. The procs will be presented in the Boards & Commissions Room so that they can be televised and, if the presentations go over time, the Council meeting will still be able to start on time. If you are presenting a proclamation, please inform the honoree(s) so that they are aware of the time and can arrive timely.

Again, I’m really looking forward to our meeting. If you have thoughts about other ways we might better conduct the meetings, please post your thoughts.

Thanks. Everyone have a great weekend.

Kirk

On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office
Paige Ellis

Re: Time management of Council Meetings

Post by Paige Ellis »

Mayor Watson,

Thank you for laying out these details. I look forward to our first council meeting together as a new dais.

Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8