Special Called Executive Session re police matters this coming Friday or Tuesday

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Special Called Executive Session re police matters this coming Friday or Tuesday

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

A special called executive session has been requested to discuss personnel issues related to the Lisa Tatum report and legal issues related to the recent APD officer involved shooting.

Would you please indicate if you’re available Friday for this session, or if you’d rather have this matter heard as part of the work session scheduled for Tuesday of next week.

Steve
Mayor
Greg Casar

Re: Special Called Executive Session re police matters this coming Friday or Tuesday

Post by Greg Casar »

Mayor,
I am supportive of a Friday executive session if my colleagues are available. I think there are a number of important and timely issues we need to discuss regarding our police department.
-Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4
Delia Garza

Re: Special Called Executive Session re police matters this coming Friday or Tuesday

Post by Delia Garza »

Mayor,

I am available Friday. I agree there are pressing and important APD issues we should discuss ASAP.

Delia
Mayor Pro Tem, District 2
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Colleagues

I am available on Friday also, and would prefer not to wait until Tuesday due to the critical nature of these issues. My preference would be early afternoon if possible.

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Kathie Tovo

Post by Kathie Tovo »

Mayor,
I am available Friday and that would be my preference given the critical and time-sensitive nature of this subject.

Best,
Kathie Tovo
Council Member District 9
Council District 9
Cristina Masters

Post by Cristina Masters »

Mayor & Council Members:

On behalf of CM Ellis, I can confirm she is available on Friday to discuss these issues.
Communications & Policy Aide, D8
Jimmy Flannigan

Post by Jimmy Flannigan »

I can also be available if before 11am or after 2pm.
Jimmy Flannigan
Council Member, District 6
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

Looks like Friday afternoon works for most folks, so we’ll go at 3 pm on Friday.

After discussing with legal and the Manager, it was determined the cleanest way to post this as an agenda item is to include it in our quarterly Executive Session discussions with the Manager.

I also included an item on COVID-19 in case we want to continue our discussion from today.

-s
Mayor
Natasha Harper-Madison

Post by Natasha Harper-Madison »

I'm definitely available and look forward to this very important discussion at 3pm on Friday.

Natasha
Natasha Harper-Madison
Council Member District 1