DRAFT ballot language for $720M Mobility Bond

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Don Zimmerman

DRAFT ballot language for $720M Mobility Bond

Post by Don Zimmerman »

CM Colleagues:

Starting from Pg. 20 of ACM Goode's presentation, "Proposed 2016 Bond Package and Proposition" (Aug 2nd, 2016), I propose clarifying language shown in [brackets], all in section (i):

The issuance of $720,000,000 transportation and mobility improvement bonds and notes for
(i) $101,000,000 for Regional Mobility Projects including improvements to Loop 360 corridor; Spicewood Springs Road; Oak Hill Parkway; [at least $30,000,000 for three projects:] Anderson Mill Road, intersection of RM 620 and RM 2222, [and] Parmer Lane [in Williamson County];
(ii) $482,000,000 for Corridor Improvement Projects, including (a) implementation of corridor plans for North Lamar Boulevard; Burnet Road; Airport Boulevard; East Martin Luther King Boulevard/969; South Lamar Boulevard; East Riverside Drive; Guadalupe Street; (b) implementation of a South Austin corridor, and (c) preliminary engineering and design for additional critical arterials; and
(iii) $137,000,000 for Local Mobility Projects including (a) $85,000,000 for implementation of the Sidewalk and Urban Trails Master Plans; (b) $20,000,000 for implementation of the Bicycle Master Plan; (c) $15,000,000 for implementation of the Vision Zero Master Plan; and (d) $17,000,000 for sub-standard streets/capital renewal; the levy of a tax sufficient to pay for the bonds and notes.
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)
Don Zimmerman

Re: DRAFT ballot language for $720M Mobility Bond

Post by Don Zimmerman »

CM Colleagues - I have cut and pasted the staff recommended ballot language (Agenda Item #3, 11-Aug-16 Regular meeting) which I will be voting AGAINST, if it comes to a vote. As I've said before, I'm insisting on a more public discussion of ballot language particulars. I've also received constituent feedback that Council should put timelines in the ballot ordinance, so we don't give "staff" the flexibility of indefinitely postponing congestion relief projects (like Loop 360, which has seen little improvment in decades), while staff moves forward with more bike lanes and urban trails.

"
The issuance of $720,000,000 transportation and mobility improvement bonds and notes for improvements to Loop 360 corridor, Spicewood Springs Road, Oak Hill Parkway, Anderson Mill Road, intersection of RM 620 and RM 2222, Parmer Lane, North Lamar Boulevard, Burnet Road, Airport Boulevard, East Martin Luther King Boulevard/969, South Lamar Boulevard, East Riverside Drive, and Guadalupe Street; implementation of a South Austin corridor, Safe Routes to School, and other local mobility projects; and the levy of a tax sufficient to pay for the bonds and notes.
"
http://austin.siretechnologies.com/sire ... ype=agenda
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)