Item# 58 RE: Site Area Definition

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Item# 58 RE: Site Area Definition

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Members,

I offer the following amendment to the current draft resolution for Item #58: Approve a resolution initiating amendments to the Land Development Code (Title 25), excluding Article 14 of Chapter 25-1, relating to the application of site development regulations to projects for which dedication of parkland is required.

I understand that Councilmember Gallo and the co-sponsors of item #58 have agreed to accept this as a friendly amendment. I have also agreed to become the 5th co-sponsor for Item #58.

The minor amendments are to clarify that by approving this resolution, Council’s intent for this process is to identify recommendations to mitigate for any negative affordability impacts of the dedication of parkland on a site. You may recall that the changes recently made by council to the parkland dedication ordinance received a negative assessment in our staff’s affordability impact statement. The amendments further clarify that council is not pre-supposing the outcome of the stakeholder process, however suggests issues and tools that should be considered during the process of developing recommendations and any potential code amendments.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 122542.doc
Mayor
Don Zimmerman

Re: Item# 58 RE: Site Area Definition

Post by Don Zimmerman »

Mr. Mayor & Co-Sponsors,
Based on the red-line version of what I read in this amendment, I would also be in support of this.
Don Zimmerman
Council Member District 6 (northwest Austin)
Sheri Gallo

Re: Item# 58 RE: Site Area Definition

Post by Sheri Gallo »

Mr. Mayor,

Thank you for putting forth your amendment. I have agreed to accept these changes as a friendly amendment. My office will provide a revised red-lined resolution, reflecting the Mayor's amendment, to all Council Members tomorrow on the dais.

Sheri
Sheri Gallo, Council Member District 10