Schedule for August 12 Budget Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Schedule for August 12 Budget Meeting

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

For the Budget Meeting tomorrow, we have 277 speakers signed up. Each speaker will get one minute.

As a reminder, speakers were allowed to sign up to speak in person as an option. 28 of the speakers plan to speak in person at Palmer. All attendees will be required to bring and wear face masks while in the facility and will be required to submit to a temperature check prior to entering the Palmer Events Center.

All Council Members will attend the meeting remotely will hear all speakers via audio.

Full speaker instructions can be found here: https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/docum ... ?id=344695

Here is the draft schedule for the day:

10-10:30 am: Speakers that are speaking from Palmer
10:30 am – 12 pm: Batch 1 of speakers via phone
12 pm-1 pm: Lunch Break
1 pm- 3:30 pm –Batch 2 of speakers via phone
After all speakers, council will begin deliberation and votes
Approx. 5 – 6 pm: Dinner break
After dinner, continue deliberations

-s
Mayor
Ann Kitchen

Re: Schedule for August 12 Budget Meeting

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Thank you Mayor

Having the schedule is helpful. I will suggest sometime during the day and at least by the beginning of deliberations - that we set an end time for the meeting, as we are also posted for Thursday and can continue deliberations then.

I am open to discussion with my colleagues on the appropriate time - and will begin by suggesting 8pm as our end time.

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5